This has been making arounds so I thought I would jump on the bandwagon.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. I really love being able to pick out paper once a year and wrap presents. Besides if the presents I received came in bags I would be very disappointed that there was no ripping or tearing involved. (and we all know how I can pout)
2. Real or artificial tree? Well if you ask the hubby it would be a real tree. As for me we have had a real tree for the last two years and I find them annoying. The only plus is that they smell good other than that they poke you, you have to remember it needs water, it makes a mess and then after the season you have to get rid of the thing. I am an artificial tree all the way and it would be a plus if it is prelit.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually we put it up about two weeks before Christmas however this year we have no tree so we did not put it up…
4. When do you take it down? Right after Christmas before New years. We usually have an extra day off and out with the Christmas décor littering the house. (if anyone knows my husband they would be shaking their heads here)
5. Do you like eggnog? Sick. Seriously I know that this stuff can get you hammered and that may be a lot of people highlight to the family Christmas get together but for me pass the hot coco.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Wow this is a hard one. I do not know which one is my favorite but I will tell you about one of the best feelings I had. I remember one Christmas when I was little that we all got up and opened our stockings. After waiting hours, well what seemed like hours, for our parents to get up we handed out gifts. This year my mom decided that we should take turns opening presents, one person and one present at a time. Now there are four girls in our family and it was hard for me to wait because as a little girl I was selfish and wanted to open my presents. So there I was waiting for my sis Kristina to open her gift and decided, hey my moms back is turned I could get away with opening a present…so I went for it. I tore open a package (she did not turn around but now I know she knew what I was doing). I think it was a care bear pillow, it was happening fifteen years ago. (my sis Brenda got a matching one). I was never so excited and I wanted to jump up and down and scream ‘look at what I got…the best present ever’. But wait I could not do that I had to wait for my turn or suffer the wraith of my mother for opening up a present early…I remember that thirty seconds as an eternity but the longer I waited the happier I got. It was the best feeling about Christmas when I was little. I was and am so happy, so thankful and so lucky.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. My mommy got it for me when I got married. I love it.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My sister Joanna. I really love her but every time I have been shopping with her for the past eight years she only buys for her kids. Now don’t get me wrong this is great so I know what they want but as it comes time to get her something I never know what she would like because I have not seen the women buy something for herself in eight years…this is a problem.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My sisters Kristina and Brenda. Could do it with my eyes closed and hands tied behind my back.
10. Worst Christmas present you ever got? I remember my grandmother got me this pj set that was slash pjs/dress. When I opened it, I thought she had gotten me a navy and white plaid dress…hated it. But later my mom explained it was pjs then I loved it…
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? I mail all my Christmas cards. I only send them to my immediate family though.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? Don’t have one
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? In October or before if there is a good sale. I am my mothers daughter.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Never
15. Favorite thing to eat on Christmas? This year it will be everything since I am going to be home for Christmas. I think my favorite thing is dumplings. yummy.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear. I think colored is tacky unless done all out. I really prefer my moms classic glass tree filled with beautiful ornaments.
17. Favorite Christmas song? ???
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I like to travel to be with the family but the last two years we elected to stay home. This year I am bring back the traveling baby and I am excited about it.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s Reindeer? Shit no.
20. Angel or star on top of tree? Star
21. Open presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning for sure. I like going to sleep the night before with anticipation and then waking up to opening up presents. It is a blast and so much fun to see all the kids opening them…
22. Most annoying thing this time of year? Christmas music. I honestly like listening to it but it gets a bit much when you start to hear it in every store and every station starting in November.
23. Do you decorate your tree in any theme or color? Nope…I am still too young to have enough to make a theme.
24. What do you leave for Santa? Coal.