Oct 23, 2007

Pet Peeve Tuesday

I am here by installing a Pet Peeve Tuesday. Why Tuesday you ask. Well I have just settled in my work week and have a four day stretch in front of me until the weekend and this is the point where all the annoyances of the world come and bit me in the butt...so what was it this morning? I am glad that you asked.

On my way to work every morning I listen to the radio. Now I listen for the music not the crappy dj's (but that is for another Tuesday). So there I was singing and dancing in the car when a new song came on. I am grooving to the music when I hear sirens. Now I think I am being pulled over due to the fact that I may drive sporadically when dancing and singing to the music so I slow down, look in all the mirrors waiting for the cop to pull me over and bust me. Then suddenly the sirens fade and I realize that it was in the music.

Why or why do you musicians put sirens in your music? It gives us 'normal' folk a small heartache every time we hear your song. I know you are just expressing yourself through the art of mustic but I just don't want to freak out every time your song comes on the radio so please stop putting them in the background.

Now you may be saying to yourself, Kayla, you have to just remember that there is sirens in that song after hearing it about five hundred times on the radio. But I tell you now that no matter how many times that I hear a particular song I never ever remember that it has sirens in the background. So maybe it is just me but now it is another one of my pet peeves.

1 comment:

BAB said...

I also agree. I totally hate that. One of these days I am going to go into a ditch because of that! I also hate when part of the music sounds like your cell phone ringer... talk about annoying!